CE6303 Mechanics of Fluids Previous Year Question Papers
B.E – Civil Engineering, Second Year 3rd Semester CE6303 Mechanics of Fluids Previous Year Question Papers For The Regulation 2013.
(Note: This Is The Only Site, Where You Can Download The Previous Year Anna University Question Papers In PDF Format With Good Quality And With Out Any Water Marks.
You Can Download The Files In A Single Click & No More Re-directs )
- To understand the basic properties of the fluid, fluid kinematics, fluid dynamics and to analyse and appreciate the complexities involved in solving the fluid flow problems.
UNIT I FLUID PROPERTIES AND FLUID STATICS
Fluid – definition, distinction between solid and fluid – Units and dimensions – Properties of fluids – density, specific weight, specific volume, specific gravity, temperature, viscosity, compressibility, vapour pressure, capillarity and surface tension – Fluid statics: concept of fluid static pressure, absolute and gauge pressures – pressure measurements by manometers and pressure gauges-forces on planes – centre of pressure – bouncy and floatation.
UNIT II FLIUD KINEMATICS AND DYNAMICS
Fluid Kinematics – Flow visualization – lines of flow – types of flow – velocity field and acceleration – continuity equation (one and three dimensional differential forms)- Equation of streamline – stream function – velocity potential function – circulation – flow net. Fluid dynamics – equations of motion – Euler’s equation along a streamline – Bernoulli’s equation – applications – Venturi meter, Orifice meter and Pitot tube. Linear momentum equation and its application.
UNIT III FLOW THROUGH PIPES 9
Viscous flow – Shear stress, pressure gradient relationship – laminar flow between parallel plates – Laminar flow through circular tubes (Hagen poiseulle’s) – Hydraulic and energy gradient – flow through pipes – Darcy -Weisbach’s equation – pipe roughness -friction factor- Moody’s diagram-Major and minor losses of flow in pipes – Pipes in series and in parallel.
UNIT IV BOUNDARY LAYER
Boundary layer – definition- boundary layer on a flat plate – thickness and classification – displacement, energy and momentum thickness – Boundary layer separation and control – drag in a flat plate – drag and lift coefficients.
UNIT V DIMENSIONAL ANALYSIS AND MODEL STUDIES
Fundamental dimensions – dimensional homogeneity – Rayleigh‟s method and Buckingham Pi-Theorem – Dimensionless parameters – Similitude and model studies – Distorted Models.
CE6303 Mechanics of Fluids Previous Year Question Papers For The Regulation 2013
- CE6303 Mechanics of Fluids Apr/May 2018 Question Paper Download
- CE6303 Mechanics of Fluids Nov/Dec 2017 Question Paper Download
- CE6303 Mechanics of Fluids Apr/May 2017 Question Paper Download
- CE6303 Mechanics of Fluids Nov/Dec 2016 Question Paper Download
- CE6303 Mechanics of Fluids May/June 2016 Question Paper Download
- CE6303 Mechanics of Fluids Nov/Dec 2015 Question Paper Download
- CE6303 Mechanics of Fluids Apr/May 2015 Question Paper Download
Other Useful Links:
- MA6351 Transforms and Partial Differential Equations Previous Year Questions
- GE6351 Environmental Science And Engineering Previous Year Questions
- CE6301 Engineering Geology Previous Year Questions
- CE6302 Mechanics of Solids Previous Year Questions
- CE6304 Surveying-I Previous Year Question Papers
Related Searches: anna university, anna university previous year question papers, be civil engineering, civil engineering question bank, ce6303 Mechanics of Fluids question papers, ce6303 previous year question bank, question paper download, pdf format, third-semester questions, second-year questions, regulation 2013.