ME6012 Maintenance Engineering Previous Year Question Paper Download
- To enable the student to understand the principles, functions and practices adapted in industry for the successful management of maintenance activities.
- To explain the different maintenance categories like Preventive maintenance, condition monitoring and repair of machine elements.
- To illustrate some of the simple instruments used for condition monitoring in industry.
UNIT I PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICES OF MAINTENANCE PLANNING
Basic Principles of maintenance planning – Objectives and principles of planned maintenance activity – Importance and benefits of sound Maintenance systems – Reliability and machine availability – MTBF, MTTR and MWT – Factors of availability – Maintenance organization – Maintenance economics.
UNIT II MAINTENANCE POLICIES – PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE
Maintenance categories – Comparative merits of each category – Preventive maintenance, maintenance schedules, repair cycle – Principles and methods of lubrication – TPM.
UNIT III CONDITION MONITORING
Condition Monitoring – Cost comparison with and without CM – On-load testing and offload testing – Methods and instruments for CM – Temperature sensitive tapes – Pistol thermometers – wear-debris analysis
UNIT IV REPAIR METHODS FOR BASIC MACHINE ELEMENTS
Repair methods for beds, slide ways, spindles, gears, lead screws and bearings – Failure analysis – Failures and their development – Logical fault location methods – Sequential fault location.
UNIT V REPAIR METHODS FOR MATERIAL HANDLING EQUIPMENT
Repair methods for Material handling equipment – Equipment records –Job order systems -Use of computers in maintenance.
ME6012 Maintenance Engineering Previous Year Question Paper for Regulation 2013 Download
- ME6012 Maintenance Engineering Apr/May 2018 Question Paper
- ME6012 Maintenance Engineering Apr/may 2017 Question Paper
- ME6012 Maintenance Engineering Nov/Dec 2016 question paper
- ME6012 Maintenance Engineering Nov/Dec 2018 question paper