ME6014 Computational Fluid Dynamics Previous Year Question Paper Download
- To introduce Governing Equations of viscous fluid flows
- To introduce numerical modeling and its role in the field of fluid flow and heat transfer
- To enable the students to understand the various discretization methods, solution procedures and turbulence modeling.
- To create confidence to solve complex problems in the field of fluid flow and heat transfer by using high speed computers.
UNIT I GOVERNING EQUATIONS AND BOUNDARY CONDITIONS
Basics of computational fluid dynamics – Governing equations of fluid dynamics – Continuity, Momentum and Energy equations – Chemical species transport – Physical boundary conditions – Time-averaged equations for Turbulent Flow – Turbulent–Kinetic Energy Equations – Mathematical behaviour of PDEs on CFD – Elliptic, Parabolic and Hyperbolic equations.
UNIT II FINITE DIFFERENCE AND FINITE VOLUME METHODS FOR DIFFUSION
Derivation of finite difference equations – Simple Methods – General Methods for first and second order accuracy – Finite volume formulation for steady state One, Two and Three -dimensional diffusion problems –Parabolic equations – Explicit and Implicit schemes – Example problems on elliptic and parabolic equations – Use of Finite Difference and Finite Volume methods.
UNIT III FINITE VOLUME METHOD FOR CONVECTION DIFFUSION
Steady one-dimensional convection and diffusion – Central, upwind differencing schemes properties of discretization schemes – Conservativeness, Boundedness, Transportiveness, Hybrid, Power-law, QUICK Schemes.
UNIT IV FLOW FIELD ANALYSIS
Finite volume methods -Representation of the pressure gradient term and continuity equation – Staggered grid – Momentum equations – Pressure and Velocity corrections – Pressure Correction equation, SIMPLE algorithm and its variants – PISO Algorithms.
UNIT V TURBULENCE MODELS AND MESH GENERATION
Turbulence models, mixing length model, Two equation (k-?) models – High and low Reynolds number models – Structured Grid generation – Unstructured Grid generation – Mesh refinement – Adaptive mesh – Software tools.
ME6014 Computational Fluid Dynamics Previous Year Question Paper for Regulation 2013 Download
- ME6014 Computational Fluid Dynamics Apr/May 2018 Question Paper
- ME6014 Computational Fluid Dynamics Nov/Dec 2018 question paper