EC8391 control Systems Engineering Previous Year Question Paper
• To introduce the components and their representation of control systems
• To learn various methods for analyzing the time response, frequency response and stability of the systems.
• To learn the various approach for the state variable analysis.
UNIT I SYSTEMS COMPONENTS AND THEIR REPRESENTATION
Control System: Terminology and Basic Structure-Feed forward and Feedback control theory- Electrical and Mechanical Transfer Function Models-Block diagram Models-Signal flow graphs models-DC and AC servo Systems-Synchronous -Multivariable control system
UNIT II TIME RESPONSE ANALYSIS
Transient response-steady state response-Measures of performance of the standard first order and second order system-effect on an additional zero and an additional pole-steady error constant and system- type number-PID control-Analytical design for PD, PI,PID control systems
UNIT III FREQUENCY RESPONSE AND SYSTEM ANALYSIS
Closed loop frequency response-Performance specification in frequency domain-Frequency response of standard second order system- Bode Plot – Polar Plot- Nyquist plots-Design of compensators using Bode plots-Cascade lead compensation-Cascade lag compensation-Cascade lag-lead compensation
UNIT IV CONCEPTS OF STABILITY ANALYSIS
Concept of stability-Bounded – Input Bounded – Output stability-Routh stability criterion-Relative stability-Root locus concept-Guidelines for sketching root locus-Nyquist stability criterion.
UNIT V CONTROL SYSTEM ANALYSIS USING STATE VARIABLE METHODS
State variable representation-Conversion of state variable models to transfer functions-Conversion of transfer functions to state variable models-Solution of state equations-Concepts of Controllability and Observability-Stability of linear systems-Equivalence between transfer function and state variable representations-State variable analysis of digital control system-Digital control design using state feedback.
EC8391 Control Systems Engineering Previous Year Question Paper for Regulation 2017 question paper
- EC8391 Control Systems Engineering Nov/Dec 2018 question paper download
- EC8391 Control Systems Engineering Apr/May 2019 Question Paper
- EC8391 Control Systems Engineering Nov/Dec 2019 Question Paper
- EC6405 Control System Engineering Nov/Dec 2018 Question Paper Download
- EC6405 Control System Engineering Nov/Dec 2017 Question Paper Download
- EC6405 Control System Engineering Apr/May 2017 Question Paper Download
- EC6405 Control System Engineering Nov/Dec 2016 Question Paper Download
- EC6405 Control System Engineering May/June 2016 Question Paper Download
- EC6405 Control System Engineering Nov/Dec 2015 Question Paper Download
- EC6405 Control System Engineering Apr/May 2015 Question Paper Download