CS8491 Computer Architecture Previous Year Question Paper Download
• To learn the basic structure and operations of a computer.
• To learn the arithmetic and logic unit and implementation of fixed-point and floating point arithmetic unit.
• To learn the basics of pipelined execution.
• To understand parallelism and multi-core processors.
• To understand the memory hierarchies, cache memories and virtual memories.
• To learn the different ways of communication with I/O devices.
UNIT I BASIC STRUCTURE OF A COMPUTER SYSTEM
Functional Units – Basic Operational Concepts – Performance – Instructions: Language of the Computer – Operations, Operands – Instruction representation – Logical operations – decision making – MIPS Addressing.
UNIT II ARITHMETIC FOR COMPUTERS
Addition and Subtraction – Multiplication – Division – Floating Point Representation – Floating Point Operations – Subword Parallelism
UNIT III PROCESSOR AND CONTROL UNIT
A Basic MIPS implementation – Building a Datapath – Control Implementation Scheme – Pipelining – Pipelined datapath and control – Handling Data Hazards & Control Hazards – Exceptions.
UNIT IV PARALLELISIM
Parallel processing challenges – Flynn‘s classification – SISD, MIMD, SIMD, SPMD, and Vector Architectures – Hardware multithreading – Multi-core processors and other Shared Memory Multiprocessors – Introduction to Graphics Processing Units, Clusters, Warehouse Scale Computers and other Message-Passing Multiprocessors.
UNIT V MEMORY & I/O SYSTEMS
Memory Hierarchy – memory technologies – cache memory – measuring and improving cache performance – virtual memory, TLB‘s – Accessing I/O Devices – Interrupts – Direct Memory Access – Bus structure – Bus operation – Arbitration – Interface circuits – USB.
CS8491 Computer Architecture Previous Year Question Paper for Regulation 2017 question paper Download
- CS8491 Computer Architecture Apr/May 2019 Question Paper
- CS8491 Computer Architecture Nov/Dec 2019 Question Paper