CS8492 Database Management Systems Previous Year Question Paper Download
- To learn the fundamentals of data models and to represent a database system using ER diagrams.
- To study SQL and relational database
- To understand the internal storage structures using different file and indexing techniques which will help in physical DB
- To understand the fundamental concepts of transaction processing- concurrency control techniques and recovery
- To have an introductory knowledge about the Storage and Query processing Techniques
UNIT I RELATIONAL DATABASES
Purpose of Database System – Views of data – Data Models – Database System Architecture – Introduction to relational databases – Relational Model – Keys – Relational Algebra – SQL fundamentals – Advanced SQL features – Embedded SQL– Dynamic SQL
UNIT II DATABASE DESIGN
Entity-Relationship model – E-R Diagrams – Enhanced-ER Model – ER-to-Relational Mapping – Functional Dependencies – Non-loss Decomposition – First, Second, Third Normal Forms, Dependency Preservation – Boyce/Codd Normal Form – Multi-valued Dependencies and Fourth Normal Form – Join Dependencies and Fifth Normal Form
UNIT III TRANSACTIONS
Transaction Concepts – ACID Properties – Schedules – Serializability – Concurrency Control – Need for Concurrency – Locking Protocols – Two Phase Locking – Deadlock – Transaction Recovery – Save Points – Isolation Levels – SQL Facilities for Concurrency and Recovery.
UNIT IV IMPLEMENTATION TECHNIQUES
RAID – File Organization – Organization of Records in Files – Indexing and Hashing –Ordered Indices – B+ tree Index Files – B tree Index Files – Static Hashing – Dynamic Hashing – Query Processing Overview – Algorithms for SELECT and JOIN operations – Query optimization using Heuristics and Cost Estimation.
UNIT V ADVANCED TOPICS
Distributed Databases: Architecture, Data Storage, Transaction Processing – Object-based Databases: Object Database Concepts, Object-Relational features, ODMG Object Model, ODL, OQL – XML Databases: XML Hierarchical Model, DTD, XML Schema, XQuery – Information Retrieval: IR Concepts, Retrieval Models, Queries in IR systems.
CS8492 Database Management Systems Previous Year Question Paper Regulation 2017 question paper Download
- CS8492 Database Management Systems Apr/May 2019 Question Paper
- CS8492 Database Management Systems Nov/Dec 2019 Question Paper
- CS6302 Database Management Systems Apr/May 2017 Question Paper Download
- CS6302 Database Management Systems Nov/Dec 2016 Question Paper Download
- CS6302 Database Management System May/June 2016 Question Paper Download
- CS6302 Database Management Systems Nov/Dec 2015 Question Paper Download