CS8493 Operating Systems Previous Year Question Paper Download
- To understand the basic concepts and functions of operating
- To understand Processes and Treads
- To analyze Scheduling algorithms.
- To understand the concept of
- To analyze various memory management
- To understand I/O management and File
- To be familiar with the basics of Linux system and Mobile OS like iOS and
UNIT I OPERATING SYSTEM OVERVIEW
Computer System Overview-Basic Elements, Instruction Execution, Interrupts, Memory Hierarchy, Cache Memory, Direct Memory Access, Multiprocessor and Multicore Organization. Operating system overview-objectives and functions, Evolution of Operating System.- Computer System Organization Operating System Structure and Operations- System Calls, System Programs, OS Generation and System Boot.
UNIT II PROCESS MANAGEMENT
Processes – Process Concept, Process Scheduling, Operations on Processes, Inter-process Communication; CPU Scheduling – Scheduling criteria, Scheduling algorithms, Multiple-processor scheduling, Real time scheduling; Threads- Overview, Multithreading models, Threading issues; Process Synchronization – The critical-section problem, Synchronization hardware, Mutex locks, Semaphores, Classic problems of synchronization, Critical regions, Monitors; Deadlock – System model, Deadlock characterization, Methods for handling deadlocks, Deadlock prevention, Deadlock avoidance, Deadlock detection, Recovery from deadlock.
UNIT III STORAGE MANAGEMENT
Main Memory – Background, Swapping, Contiguous Memory Allocation, Paging, Segmentation, Segmentation with paging, 32 and 64 bit architecture Examples; Virtual Memory – Background, Demand Paging, Page Replacement, Allocation, Thrashing; Allocating Kernel Memory, OS Examples.
UNIT IV FILE SYSTEMS AND I/O SYSTEMS
Mass Storage system – Overview of Mass Storage Structure, Disk Structure, Disk Scheduling and Management, swap space management; File-System Interface – File concept, Access methods, Directory Structure, Directory organization, File system mounting, File Sharing and Protection; File System Implementation- File System Structure, Directory implementation, Allocation Methods, Free Space Management, Efficiency and Performance, Recovery; I/O Systems – I/O Hardware, Application I/O interface, Kernel I/O subsystem, Streams, Performance.
UNIT V CASE STUDY
Linux System – Design Principles, Kernel Modules, Process Management, Scheduling, Memory Management, Input-Output Management, File System, Inter-process Communication; Mobile OS – iOS and Android – Architecture and SDK Framework, Media Layer, Services Layer, Core OS Layer, File System.
CS8493 Operating Systems Previous Year Question Paper Regulation 2017 question paper Download
- CS8493 Operating Systems Apr/May 2019 Question Paper
- CS8493 Operating Systems Nov/Dec 2019 Question Paper
- CS6401 Operating Systems Nov/Dec 2018 Question Paper Download
- CS6401 Operating Systems Apr/May 2018 Question Paper Download
- CS6401 Operating Systems Nov/Dec 2017 Question Paper Download
- CS6401 Operating Systems Apr/May 2017 Question Paper Download
- CS6401 Operating Systems Nov/Dec 2016 Question Paper Download
- CS6401 Operating Systems May/June 2016 Question Paper Download
- CS6401 Operating Systems Nov/Dec 2015 Question Paper Download
- CS6401 Operating Systems Apr/May 2015 Question Paper Download